Ontario One Call acts as the communications link between buried infrastructure owners (our members) and individuals who are planning to dig in the province of Ontario. In 2012, the Ontario Underground Infrastructure Notification System Act (OUINSA) was passed, which stipulates that by law, anyone in the province of Ontario must contact Ontario One Call before they dig.
Ontario One Call is charged with the responsibilities of the OUINSA, which involves the operation of a contact centre to receive and process excavation requests, compliance activities to ensure that members meet their legal responsibilities and public education around the need for safe excavation.
At Ontario One Call, we are Reliable Experts who Care:
- Reliable…We are dependable and accessible
- Experts…We have the mindset to lead innovation
- Caring…We ensure the safety and well-being in our communities.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
Ontario One Call employees enjoy a hybrid work model with both work in the office and work from home available. This role is based in Guelph, Ontario and candidates must be willing and able to work in office as required including working primarily on site during their probationary period.
The Jr Developer/Data Analyst should possess an understanding and background in reporting and analytics. Reporting to the I.T. Manager, the Jr Developer/Data Analyst will assist the I.T. Manager in maintaining all reporting and analytic and operations projects.
The Jr Developer/Data Analyst will be responsible for designing, building and deploying reporting and analysis.
- Design and maintaining systems and databases for reporting purpose; this includes fixing coding errors, running job tools and other data-related tasks.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the process if necessary
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop new datasets and data driven solutions
- Generate reports and analysis
- Maintain a repository of reports
- Document processes/procedures
- Travel as required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in reading, writing and verbally communicating in English
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new and old technologies to support all needs
- Software Programming
- Strong database and SQL skillset
- MySQL / Maria DB
- Microsoft SQL
- Familiarity of data management, data analysis and ETL process skills and concepts including data modeling and transformations.
- Strong Microsoft Excel background
- Strong Microsoft Access background
- Microsoft Power BI (asset)
Education and Experience:
- Completion of post secondary in a relevant field
- Minimum 1-3 years in similar role with Data/reporting/analytics
Candidates wishing to apply must be able to meet the following technical requirements while we/they are working remotely:
- High speed internet connection delivered via Fibre, Cable or DSL
- Computer that meets the following specifications:
- Windows 10 (all updates applied)
- Minimum Intel i3
- Minimum 4GB RAM
- Minimum 512 MB disk space free
- Computer connected to internet via Ethernet cable (WIFI connections are NOT supported)
- Antivirus software (installed and up to date)
- Ability to install Cisco Anyconnect VPN and Avaya Communicator
Candidates must complete and attach a pdf screenshot of a speed test when applying.
- Go to: https://ontarioonecall.speedtestcustom.com/
- Use password ‘on1call’ to perform a speed test on our custom server
- Take a screenshot of the results screen and save it as a pdf file
- Attached the file of the screenshot to your application
- Salary of $48,000-$52,000/annum dependent on qualifications and experience
- Extensive health, dental and life insurance benefits
- Highly engaged workforce and excellent workplace culture
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaborative team
- New, clean and bright facility
Ontario One Call is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a precondition to employment, the selected candidate will be required to provide satisfactory employment references, successfully complete a criminal background check prior to or any time following hire, and provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19.
Don’t forget to include these items in your application:
- Cover letter & Resume
- Speed test
- Confirm that you meet the technical requirements of working from home