Ontario One Call operates an inbound contact centre which collects information, from people planning to dig, to assist in identifying underground infrastructure. You would be truly amazed at what is buried beneath your feet! In addition to our contact centre, we are also responsible for public education, industry outreach and compliance. Ontario One Call is a not-for-profit governed by a Board of Directors representative of the underground infrastructure and excavation industries.
At Ontario One Call, we are Reliable Experts who Care.
- Reliable…We are dependable and accessible
- Experts…We have the mindset to lead innovation
- Caring…We ensure the safety and well-being in our communities.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
The majority of staff are currently working remotely (COVID-19 precautions). Our long-term vision is a hybrid approach combining both work from home with work in the office. Due to the hands on nature of the Information Technology/Data Reporting Specialist role, this position will be trained on site at our Guelph, ON office. The successful transition to the hybrid model will require support from the Information Technology/Data Reporting Specialist, therefore the ability to work from home may be limited (particularly in the beginning and during the transition period) and will be at the discretion of the IT Manager.
The Information Technology/Data Reporting Specialist will provide hands on support, troubleshooting and problem solving of hardware and software issues. They will share on call support duties with our IT Manager. The ideal candidate possesses a strong background in IT support and troubleshooting with a desire to learn new skills. The position will also be trained to provide support to the Reporting function to assist the team with fluctuations in workload and some day to day reporting tasks. This incumbent is a truly motivated team player looking to expand their skillset.
- Assist users with hardware and software questions; test and troubleshoot new applications, software and hardware
- Monitor and ensure optimal performance of information technology systems
- Review system alerts and log files, and take appropriate action when needed
- Document technical processes/ procedures and maintain equipment inventories
- Install, configure and maintain all user devices and infrastructure components
- Provide on-call support on rotational basis
- Maintain a repository of reports
- Document processes/procedures
- Design and maintaining data systems and databases for reporting purpose; this includes fixing coding errors, running job tools and other data-related tasks.
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the process if necessary
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop new datasets and data driven solutions
- Generate reports and analysis
- Travel as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new and old technologies to support all needs
- Strong initiative
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with Cisco Routers/Firewalls (ASA, Meraki)
- HP / Cisco Switches
- Servers (HP)
- SAN storage (Nimble, HP MSA)
- Database and SQL knowledge:
- Oracle 10.2g and 12.0C
- Microsoft SQL 2014
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Hyper-V virtualization
- Failover Clustering
- Windows 10, Server 2012 / 2012 R2
- Remote Desktop Services - Remote Apps
- Exchange 2013
- Office 2013/2016
- Avaya SBC Enterprise
- Avaya IP Office Server Select
- Avaya Contact Reporting (ACR Contact Centre)
Considered an asset (willing to learn):
- Microsoft Power BI
- Software Programming:
- Familiarity of data management, data analysis and ETL process skills and concepts including data modeling and transformations
Education and Experience:
- Completion of post secondary in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years in similar role with Data/reporting/analytics
- Salary of $50,000-$57,000/annum dependent on qualifications and experience
- Extensive health, dental and life insurance benefits
- Highly engaged workforce and excellent workplace culture
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Collaborative team
- New, clean and bright facility
Ontario One Call is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a precondition to employment, the selected candidate will be required to provide satisfactory employment references and successfully complete a criminal background check prior to or any time following hire.
Don’t forget to include these items in your application:
- Cover letter & Resume