This position is required to maintain the cleanliness and snow removal of the community centres for public bookings and events. Custodians ensure the minimum cleaning and sanitization standards are being met.
Position Responsibilities (for additional requirements, please refer to job description)
• Responsible for the overall housekeeping of the community centre. Must follow the community centre booking schedule to ensure the space is ready for renters, and that it has been cleaned adequately following a booking.
• In the winter must ensure snow removal, including shoveling, blowing, salting and sanding are completed regularly as required for safety.
• Responsible for dusting and sanitizing surfaces regularly, especially high touch points such as door handles, light switches, etc.
• Responsible for cleaning and stocking washrooms regularly.
• Maintain regular cleaning log and report any building maintenance issues.
• Examine and ensure industrial kitchen is cleaned to required health department standards.
• Stock provided supplies such as garbage bags, paper products, cleaning chemicals.
• Sweep, mop and vacuum floors regularly.
• Collect garbage and recycling when needed (based on usage).
• Complete pest control duties including setting and clearing various traps and auditory devices.
• Set up chairs and tables for rentals and activities as requested.
• Lead annual deep cleaning of facility including windows, doors, walls, kitchen cupboards, drawers, etc.
Summary of Desired Qualifications:
• 2-3 year cleaning experience, experience with cleaning equipment an asset
• Ability to prioritize the completion of tasks
• Self-directed and able to follow directions with limited supervision • Standard First Aid and CPR training or willing to obtain
• Lifting of up to 50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds frequently, and up to 10 pounds regularly
Hours of Work and Wages:
• $18.31 per hour
• Milford Bay and Foots Bay Community Centres (combined) - approximately 10-15 hours per week
• All hours based on bookings and enhanced Covid cleaning protocol
• Please provide your location preference(s) on your cover letter.
Reporting to the Deputy Clerk, the Committee/Council Coordinator is responsible for meeting coordination and legislative services administrative responsibilities.
1. Responsible for meeting coordination including preparing and distributing electronic agendas, electronic meeting/webcasting set up and minutes and associated by-laws and resolutions, as assigned. Ensure agendas are posted in the required timeframe.
2. Coordinate arrangements for delegations who wish to appear before Council/Committee, as assigned.
3. Attend Committee, Council meetings and record official proceedings as assigned. Prepare draft minutes for Clerk’s or Deputy Clerk’s review. Post finalized minutes to the website upon adoption.
4. Maintain all completed agenda records and minutes; in the minute books, on the website repository, in the electronic filing system, copied to file and other departments, as necessary.
5. Prepare agendas and record minutes for designated Advisory and Other Committees of Council when required and as assigned.
6. Prepare assigned correspondence following meetings.
7. Provide administrative support to the Mayor and CAO as required.
8. Scan related documentation and follow records management program (TOMRMS) for all records generated.
9. Work with staff members and Department Heads in matters of mutual interest or as may be required.
10. Act as a Deputy Returning Officer for Municipal Elections. Assist with duties related to the Municipal Election as required.
11. Perform special projects as required. Assist with the preparation of various reports, policies, procedures and by-laws pertaining to municipal operations under the supervision of the Deputy Clerk.
12. Assist the Deputy Clerk with document accessibility.
13. Manage the Legislative Services portion of the municipal website, including document storage.
14. Assist the Receptionist with customers as required including answering phones and assisting the public in person at the counter.
15. Perform other similar and related duties as may be assigned.
Summary of Desired Qualifications:
• Post-secondary education in a related field a strong asset
• 3-4 years administrative experience
• An understanding and general interest in corporate and/or governance functions
• Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with employees and members of the public, both in person, telephone or electronically
• Strong business writing skills
• Experience with meeting administration would be an asset (i.e. minutes, agendas)
• Strong technological proficiency and problem solving skills
• Highly developed organizational, communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to cope with competing demands and multiple tasks