Do you live for event planning and coordination? Are you an organized individual who loves to get things done while communicating and building relationships with people? Does being the go-to person for events at an organization make you all warm and fuzzy inside? Did the job title essentially speak for itself?
If that was 4 ‘yeses’, then you may be the Events Coordinator we’ve been looking for! Curious, and want to know more? Keep reading to see if this role at the FH family is the right one for you!
Note: While this role is supported by a flexible work arrangement (hybrid / primarily remote) for those in the GTA, Kitchener-Waterloo, and London, on-site travel and support may be required for certain events.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Maintain the FH events calendars (including Canada Life events), providing a line of sight across multiple event types (internal, industry, and carrier events) and locations (branch, province, region, and national)
- Act as the key events contact for FHG, and liaison with multiple stakeholders including the regional sales leaders, carriers partners, and key advisors
- In close collaboration with the Canada Life events team, create alignment and tracking of resources, calendars and budgets
- Responsible for maintaining data on attendees, speakers, venues, and feedback for all FH events
- Manage the budgets and expenses for all FH events
- Provide onsite support at FH events as required
- Represent & promote FH by attending various conferences and industry events
- Ensure all events and forums reflect FH’s desired brand and advisor experience
- Coordinates branded merchandise for internal FH events and meetings
- Working in collaboration various FH teams, source venues, speakers and manage event contracts
- Working closely with themarketing and communications team, building content, creating registration sites and manage attendee lists
- Working with FH carrier partners to share FH vision and secure sponsorship
- Perform any other duties as assigned
What qualifications are required?
- College diploma, University degree, or equivalent experience
What competencies are required?
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Multi-task in a fast paced working environment
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
What should your experience look like?
- Minimum of 2 years experience in event coordination
- Proven experience in insurance/financial services industry and customer service
- Proven experience with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits & Perks
As a member of the FH family, you can expect a professional yet engaging, supportive and family like environment – our company started with 4 employees! An organization that lives and breathes its DRIVER Values.
These are some of the benefits we provide:
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Excellent Group Benefits plan
- Group Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Flexible and supportive Personal Days for employee or family illness, emergency etc…
- Reward and Recognition that celebrates and rewards for impactful performance (peer to peer) and life milestones both personal or professional
- Market leading Wellness Credit program
- Personal and Professional programs that allow you to grow, learn and develop including on-demand e-learning programs, Tuition reimbursement and Leadership development
Who are we?
Financial Horizons is the leading, national, Canadian-owned and operated Managing General Agency (MGA) that offers a comprehensive selection of life/health insurance, employee benefits, pensions, investments, structured settlements, and risk management products and services to advisors throughout Canada. We are headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, and have offices across the country. There is a lot more to us under the ‘Our Story’ section, but we’re trying to keep it short here. If you've read this far, first of all, thank you for your time, second, if this seems like a great fit for you, then we look forward to your application! :)