Do you see yourself as a strong communicator and people leader? Are you a collaborative individual who feels they need to stay organized? Is going the extra mile for your clients and teammates something you take pride in? Do you thrive in situations that force you to adapt to changing priorities?
If answering 'yes' to those questions got you excited, then you could be the next Regional Operations Manager to join the FH family! Keep reading to see if this is the right fit for you!
Please Note: This position is supported by a remote work arrangement with 50% travel.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Demonstrate and model behaviours, actions and results consistent with FHs Driving Values: Integrity; recognizing and rewarding excellence; inspiring initiative; respect; teamwork, collaboration and communication; and client-centric in all activities and interactions
- Demonstrate and foster strong high performing leadership behaviours
- Participate in activities creating continuous improvement and renewal
- Exhibit strong industry knowledge such that incumbent is seen as an expert both internally and externally
- Work closely in collaboration with sales teams, including Regional Vice President to ensure branch network, operational support and overall sales and marketing objectives are aligned
- Work with carrier partners and vendors to support the ongoing development and integration of data to support the needs of our advisors
- Work closely with Shared Services, Compliance, IT, and Contracting to improve and maintain compliant processes
- Provide regular updates to ensure service standards are met and issues identified have corrective actions
- Manage, mentor and supervise indirect reports to achieve annual goals and objectives set out by the senior leadership team
- Foster a coaching culture
- Identify gaps and implement process improvements to ensure balanced workflow and superior advisor and client experience
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate operations and administration activities, including Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in projects involving regional operations and branch offices
- Maintain operational reporting to ensure targets are met and service standards are maintained
- Keep abreast of industry, regulation, product changes and enhancements
- Ensure compliance and privacy standards are maintained relating to processes, retention of records, and access to advisor and client information
- Participate in the development of guidelines, policies, and management practices
- Provide escalation support
- Other duties as required
What qualifications are required?
- Post-Secondary degree or related work experience
- Life and A&S license (LLQP) an asset
What competencies are required?
- Service oriented
- Results driven
- Proactive and resourceful
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Judgement and discretion
- Strong people management and change management skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
What should your experience look like?
- 5+ years’ financial services industry experience
- 5+ years’ leadership experience
- 3+ years’ managing diverse teams in remote locations
- 5+ years’ developing and executing process improvement
- WealthServ experience an asset
Benefits & Perks
As a member of the FH family you can expect a professional yet engaging, supportive and family like environment – our company started with 4 employees! An organization that lives and breathes its DRIVER Values.
These are some of the benefits we provide:
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Excellent Group Benefits plan
- Group Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Flexible and supportive Personal Days for employee or family illness, emergency etc…
- Reward and Recognition that celebrates and rewards for impactful performance (peer to peer) and life milestones both personal or professional
- Market leading Wellness Credit program
- Personal and Professional programs that allow you to grow, learn and develop including on-demand e-learning programs, Tuition reimbursement and Leadership development
Who are we?
Financial Horizons is the leading, national, Canadian-owned and operated Managing General Agency (MGA) that offers a comprehensive selection of life/health insurance, employee benefits, pensions, investments, structured settlements, and risk management products and services to advisors throughout Canada. We are headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, and have a national presence with offices across the country. There is a lot more to us under the ‘Our Story’ section, but we’re trying to keep it short here. If you've read this far, first of all, thank you for your time, second, if this seems like a great fit for you, then we look forward to your application! :)