Are you looking for a career and not just another job? Do you see yourself as a strong communicator? Are you someone that loves to stay organized? Is going the extra mile for your clients something you take pride in?
If ‘yes’ is the only answer that comes to mind, then you could be the next Office Administrator to join the FH family! This is an entry level position with lots of room to grow within the organization. Curious, and want to know more? Keep reading to see if this position is the one for you!
What will you be doing in this role?
- Office reception for guests, carrier representatives and advisors
- Provide customer service to both clients and advisors
- Sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail; organize and file advisor information including policies, mail and transaction confirmations at high volumes
- Light scrubbing of applications and advisor contracts with communication to advisor for missing information
- Scanning & emailing of various documentation for processing and advisor delivery
- Order and maintain sufficient office supplies
- Documentation control for carrier application revisions
- Liaison for service requests between building management and branch office
- Communicates effectively with colleagues, insurance carriers, advisors and clients
- Work extensively with back office system and insurance carrier websites
- Liaison between the advisor and insurance carrier
- Maintain regular communication and follow up with carriers and advisors when managing inforce policy changes
- Update and maintain the back office system with current information and documentation
- Meet/exceed SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Perform any other duties as assigned
What qualifications are required?
- College diploma, University degree, or equivalent experience
- Industry courses would be an asset
What competencies are required?
- Service oriented
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Time management skills in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
What should your experience look like?
- Proven experience in insurance/financial services industry
- Proven experience in customer service
- Proven experience in general administrative duties and office environment
- Proven experience with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in WealthServ an asset Professional/Technical
Benefits & Perks - As a member of the FH family you can expect:
A professional yet engaging, supportive and family like environment – our company started with 4 employees! An organization that lives and breathes its DRIVER Values.
These are some of the benefits we provide:
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Excellent Group Benefits plan
- Group Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Flexible and supportive Personal Days for employee or family illness, emergency etc…
- Reward and Recognition that celebrates and rewards for impactful performance (peer to peer) and life milestones both personal or professional
- Market leading Wellness Credit program
- Personal and Professional programs that allow you to grow, learn and develop including on-demand e-learning programs, Tuition reimbursement and Leadership development
Who are we?
Financial Horizons is the leading, national, Canadian-owned and operated Managing General Agency (MGA) that offers a comprehensive selection of life/health insurance, employee benefits, pensions, investments, structured settlements, and risk management products and services to advisors throughout Canada. We are headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, and have a national presence with about 30 offices right across the country. There is a lot more to us under the ‘Our Story’ section, but we’re trying to keep it short here. If you've read this far, first of all, thank you for your time, second, if this seems like a great fit for you, then we look forward to your application! :)